Search this blog

Sunday 9 September 2012

‘WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SOUL?’


This has to be one of random things that i will ever blog about. Wanted to not post this but couldn’t resist sharing….

I remember when i was young, they used to tell me that with age comes wisdom and my mum would says ‘Uzobona ungakhula’ (You will get a wake up call when you have grown) Lately somehow always make me want to do a ‘stock count’ of my life and by so doing I have come to realise that with age truly comes wisdom. It was not just used to make me acknowledge that adults are superior as i thought; it is something that truly applies as we begin our growing process. I have also come to appreciate all the life lessons that i get taught along the way.
Recently one of the most important things that i have learnt is praying in faith. Praying knowing that God will provide. Having a conversation with God where it gets to a point of me saying ‘Lord you have a plan with my life, whatever I may be crying for now you have your way with my desire. If this is something you have planned for me, it shall happen but if its not, I will wait till the time is right’
By so doing somehow the question that has been coming to my head a lot lately is ‘What am I doing to take care of my soul?’ ‘What are you doing to take care of your soul?’ I have decided that this question will be my guide for the rest of my life. I have acknowledged the fact that I am now a young man, not a boy anymore. I hope I make sense and someone will relate to this. As much as we know we are growing, we always want to be stuck in our child self and forget that time waits for no one. This question is one of the reasons that i have also decided there are some things in my life that add little and at times no value. This question is making me question what it is that i truly want to get out of this life. Is what I am doing now making me glad in my soul? I am still trying to find the answers…

But what I do know is that life is what you make of it and also what you take out of it. I know that life is not waiting for me to start living; it keeps going with or without me….JUST LIVE!!!!!


I am that boy, who are you o_O

2 comments: